I really enjoy connecting with larger groups of people because the atmosphere is always buzzing and I really like to see people challenging one another’s perceptions (including my own).
Of course these sessions, whether they be workshops, seminars, or set piece lectures have a very different dynamic compare to my 1 to 1 sessions:
MAIN DIFFERENCES: PRIVATE SESSIONS vs GROUPS
- Group sessions, by their nature, lack the intimacy of 1 to 1s
- 1 to 1 sessions are very much led by the client and the discussion as it develops, whereas group work is more structured in advance
- Group sessions tend to be one offs, or limited in number and therefore there is more detail to take on – 1 to 1s tend to be more gradual
- Group work is great for understanding concepts but are, of course, unable to address in detail any personal issues
Like all of my coaching, in its various forms, I find group work very rewarding on a personal level. There’s no lip service here – I write and plan the session until I am personal moved by the content and I am convinced it will work.
THE BENEFITS FOR BUSINESSES
- Team building
- Leadership & management development
- Improved conflict management
- Enhanced rapport between company and staff
- Greater staff resilience
- Greater unity of purpose within the team and the company in general
- Increased productivity
I take a fresh approach every time when prepping, be it for one of my own workshops or for a session especially written for a corporate client. I value the input of my clients and together with them I will plan a session(s) to best reflect what they want to get from the experience both on an individual and a group level.